Big Blok's Environmental Policy is based on the company is a small emerging Vet Owned business that can not afford some of the policy's a larger company provides. However, ours is targeted at what we can do that makes sense and helps protect the environment today and down the road. Therefore, our policy is, "At Big Blok we do what we can, what makes sense, in how we act at home or act in business to preserve the environment".
What this includes:
- Minimizing the paperwork required to conduct business and reduce wastes. This done via emails, texts, phone calls while minimizing reports, copies to a variety of people.
- Recycling all we can including the waste plastic produced at the shop.
- Minimizing trips by making calls, sending emails, prioritizing trips, carpooling if we have to make trips, combining stops vs one trip for each task and more.
- Allowing people to work out of the home vs coming to the shop each day
- Few if any plastic bottles as these are a real disposal issues. This is incorporated in to our emergency kits for home, office and schools.
- Keeping things simple to minimize mistakes and paperwork
Greg Nuber, Sales Mgr.
360 442 0655